Virtual students can either join the APEX academy students in the live class via Zoom (schedule) or watch the lesson at a later time at their convenience. The instructor will give homework, projects, quizzes, and tests that will help the students learn and demonstrate mastery of the material.
*APEX is a homeschool tutorial that assists parents in the education of their children. Parents are ultimately responsible for assigning the grades. APEX is not a school and cannot give credit for courses taken, but each course has a sufficient workload for high school credit.
Adults may also register to audit the course. Please specify on the registration page that you will simply be auditing the course and not participating in the graded work.
How do I Get Started?
1. Register for the class you'd like to take.
Virtual Class Offerings:
Algebra 1 (Abeka)
Algebra 2 (Abeka)
Worldview: Understanding the Times (Summit Ministries)
The math classes are made up of 15-20 minute video lessons that cover each lesson in the book. Students can join the live classes on Mondays for more help.
Worldview is taught once a week (Monday afternoons) and the other 4 days consist of reading, study questions, discussion posts, and other learning activities.
2. Purchase the required text. Either a physical copy or a digital copy is fine.
3. Register for a Canvas student account
4. You will receive a class code via e-mail that you will use to join the class you registered for. (You can also build a parent account if you wish to audit the course with your student or by yourself.)
5. The instructor will post further instruction in the course shell on Canvas.
*You can call or e-mail APEX directly with any further questions.